You know, I didn’t think I’d achieved much this week in a writing sense. I’ve been flitting around the incompletes in my portfolio without anything really jumping out at me. And yet, reflecting upon the past two weeks, I’ve actually done a fair few things – things I told myself I should start doing, miraculously enough. (It probably doesn’t sound miraculous to the casual observer, but this actually is a surprise. I never listen to me nag.)
- I have taken to free-writing and free-drawing.
- I have forced myself to think up summaries for new short stories in five minutes flat.
- I’ve started writing two fanfictions to help ease me back into original writing.
- I went online and did a little research to educate myself about some terms and parts of history with which I have never been acquainted.
- I have finally begun to compile some old short stories and ideas in my portfolio, and like some of the stuff I’ve found.
I’ve also taken a look back at the story which was stumping me and have thought my way out of a plot issue. Maybe all these writing exercises really are helping me along!
So, what’s next? I reckon I need to do the following:
- Update my records for character designs
- Type up the notes for one of my stories
- Produce a nice calendar detailing all the stuff I could – should – be getting on with
- Finally finish the damn book I’m reading
- Finish another story
Perhaps paying any attention to what I say will pay off twice!